As a company we usually recruit people that prefer to work within the smaller type organisation. We would describe our company as being teamwork oriented, friendly, and professional; this is combined with a caring attitude towards all our employees.
If you would like to join us and be part of the team, browse the web site, get a feel for the company and the type of work undertaken. View our current vacancies, fill in the application form and submit it to us today.
Why not send us your details even if we are not advertising at this moment for your skills, we soon will be. We will keep your details on file until the next vacancy arises.
You never know you too could be part of the team, sooner than you think!
VEHICLE TECHNICIAN FAREHAM
Category: After Sales
Closing Date: 3 / 10 / 2015
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Technician to work for one of Hampshire’s most successful family run automotive firms.
Are you caring, motivated, and friendly? Would you like to work in a friendly, professional environment where people are listened to and your views count?
Main Purpose of Job
- To deliver customer satisfaction at all times in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types
- To carry out servicing and repairs in a safe and economical manner
- To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to test vehicles and diagnose faults
- To maintain the integrity of all product information
RELATIONSHIPS AND PERSONAL ACTIVITIES
Directly responsible to: Service Manager
Responsible for: Safety, economy, and accuracy of work
Relationships with: Manufacturers Representatives. Workshop Controller, other
Company Managers, other Vehicle Technicians, Apprentices & Parts Department, Health & Safety Officer, Valeters, drivers & customers
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- To road test vehicles and diagnose problems as and when required by the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor.
- To carry out routine servicing, warranty repairs, diagnosis of vehicle problems and general maintenance of vehicles as required.
- To maintain and develop skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles.
- To take an active part in upholding the companies Health and Safety policy.
- To be conversant with all Manufacturer technical literature and information bulletins.
- To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer and that any faults have been reported and noted on the job card.
- To talk directly to customers when required.
- To undertake Manufacturers Training Courses as advised by the Workshop Controller
- To identify additional work opportunities and report to Workshop Controller or Service Manager accordingly.
- To ensure all personal tools and measuring devices are calibrated if appropriate and a copy of the calibration certificate is handed to the Workshop Controller.
- To ensure all tools and equipment, whether personal or the companies are inspected on each occasion of use for wear, breakage and efficiency and where a fault is found; it must be reported to the Workshop Controller straight away.
- To keep work area clean and tidy and to ensure that protective clothing, footwear and equipment supplied by the company is used at all times while you are an employee of Sparshatts in order to uphold the Manufacturers and Company image. Also that any damage that could affect their use must be reported to the Workshop Controller straight away.
- Maintain Health and Safety standards in line with the Factories Act 1961 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To ensure the correct handling and security of all cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions received, in line with company policies and procedures
OBJECTIVES & KEY TASKS
- To attain manufacturers servicing and repair times
- To note and report all components, materials and consumables used
- Development of personal knowledge and experience in order to improve, profitability, customer satisfaction and efficiency
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and to report all servicing requirements and associated work noticed whilst working on the vehicle to the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor
- To ensure all chargeable labour, components and workshop consumables are recorded on the job card, and where possible work within Manufacturer’s recommended repair times.
Customer service and satisfaction:
- To protect customers’ vehicles with floor mats, seat and steering wheel covers.
- To safeguard the customers’ vehicle and contents during service and repair.
- To ensure vehicles are thoroughly examined and report verbally and in writing the general condition of vehicles with emphasis on customer safety.
- To ensure vehicles are road tested in a safe and professional manner with due care to regard speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians.
- To ensure that all work carried out is to MOT and/or manufacturers’ safety standards.
- To ensure optimum use of technical knowledge and skills to achieve effective, economic and safe service/repair of customers’ vehicles.
- To familiarise yourself with and maintain the dealerships customer complaint handling and reporting procedure, in line with company policy
- To ensure that all hours and material usage are accurately recorded on the Job Card.
- Ensure Exchange parts are returned promptly to the Parts Department for crediting.
- To ensure warranty removed parts are correctly labelled and passed to the warranty clerk enabling prompt processing of the warranty claim.
- To ensure materials, tools and workshop consumables are controlled and used effectively and efficiently to ensure minimum wastage.
- To take care not to cause accidental damage to vehicle and components during service or repair.
- To minimise wastage of all materials, oils, fluids and time.
- Unused items must be returned to the parts department.
- To care for all plant machinery and tools belonging to dealership and not to misuse it